- Oil for historic and vintage transmissions, like Mid-1930s to early-1950s synchro-equipped gearboxes in cars and trucks.
- Option for noisy transmissions when mixed with 75W90NS or MT-90 to bring viscosity level up.
- Contains extreme pressure additives like our 75W140 GL-5 oil, but lacks friction modifiers to balance slipperiness
- Also used in clutch-type limited slip differentials in racing for maximum lock up-some users add Limited Slip Friction Modifier in small doses to customize slippage
- Non corrosive formula, safe for use with all synchro materials
Read more >
Since most GL-5 gear oils for differentials are too slippery for manual transmissions, Red Line offers these products that ensure proper shifting while providing ultimate wear protection
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other's synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
- MT-LV, MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
- Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics